The beauty of Museum of the Bible extends beyond the exhibits, artifacts and shows, to the building itself! Just a few of the most amazing architectural features include:
Our one-of-a-kind Grand Lobby, featuring a 140-foot digital ceiling and a gorgeously tiled floor that progresses from dark to light as you move inside!
The 40-foot bronze Gutenberg Gates entrance, a stunning replica of Genesis 1 from the Gutenberg Bible.
Impeccable views of Washington, D.C., from the glass galley on the museum’s sixth floor.
The view looking up at the museum’s Grand Staircase is a sight to behold!
*All photos by Alan Karchmer for Museum of the BibleMuseum of the Bible by the Numbers
- 140 feet: Length of the giant LED screen of the Grand Lobby’s ceiling
- 3,000+: Number of biblical texts and artifacts on display
- 430,000: Total square footage of the museum
- 2 blocks: Distance between museum and the National Mall
- 170 feet: Museum height from the lowest floor to the rooftop
- 1 biblical garden: Located on the museum rooftop
- 8 floors: Including the three central exhibit floors (History, Narrative, Impact)
- 40 feet: Height of the Gutenberg Gates at the museum entrance