This policy outlines the process for authorization, documentation, and security of Museum of the Bible Gift Certificates.
Reason for Policy
To deliver the sale of a Gift Certificate with consistency and transparency. This procedure establishes guidelines for purchasing, issuing, and managing Museum of the Bible Gift Certificates.
Gift Certificates may only be purchased through Museum of the Bible, and may be used for museum purchases as governed by this policy. The expense incurred while initiating the sale of Gift Certificates is reasonable and necessary to carry out the mission of the museum.
By purchasing or using a Museum of the Bible Gift Certificate, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Gift Certificates are redeemable for eligible purchases only. Gift Certificates can be used to purchase tickets at Ticketing in the museum, through Customer Service by phone, or online directly through the museum's website, to include General Admission, Tours, Attractions, Membership, World Stage Theater events, Speaker Series, and Chef Meets Curator events. To redeem a Gift Certificate, you must create or have an existing and valid account to access our services. Gift Certificates must be redeemed for valid tickets before gaining entrance to the museum or any attractions.
Museum of the Bible is not responsible for any Gift Certificates that are lost, stolen, damaged, or used without your permission.
Gift Certificates may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising, or other promotional activities without Museum of the Bible's prior written approval. Use of Museum of the Bible's name, logo, or trademarks in connection with the purchase or use of Gift Certificates is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the use of Gift Certificates in any manner that states or implies that any person, website, business, product, or service is endorsed or sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with, Museum of the Bible is prohibited without Museum of the Bible's prior written approval.
Museum of the Bible reserves the right to update this policy’s terms or conditions at any time without notification to the purchaser. If we make changes, unless we say otherwise, the amended terms will be effective immediately and will apply to any unused Gift Certificate amounts and the purchase of Gift Certificates on or after the last updated date.
Terms and Conditions
- Gift Certificates can only be used to purchase tickets at Ticketing inside the museum, through Customer Service by phone, or online through the museum's website, to include General Admission, Tours, Attractions, Membership, World Stage Theater events, Speaker Series, and Chef Meets Curator events
- Purchaser must provide first and last name, email address, and zip code
- Purchase amount will be deducted from the gift certificate
- Value on this Gift Certificate cannot be added to at any time
- Not redeemable for cash
- Cannot be used at the Museum Shop, Milk & Honey Café, Manna, or other 3rd-party vendors conducting business within in the museum
- Gift Certificate cannot be replaced if lost, expired, stolen, or damaged in any way
- Can be used toward Group Ticket sales
- All Gift Certificate sales are final
- Any purchases redeemed with a Gift Certificate cannot be refunded back to a Gift Certificate (tickets can be placed on account for six months)
- Any remaining balance left after five years will expire and be administered in accordance with the District of Columbia Official Code in effect at the time of expiration
- Other terms and conditions may apply